SOLARIUM INTERNATIONAL 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- 1. This limited warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser and is not transferable. It applies solely to Solarium International products.
- 2. Solarium International warrants the extruded aluminum in its solariums against manufacturing defects for a period of 5 years (2 years 100% and 3 years calculated on a prorated basis).
- 3. Any modification to the solarium will invalidate this warranty. Assembly must be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, with no alterations to any of the component parts.
- 4. Buyers are strongly recommended to heed the manufacturer’s assembly instructions to the letter to avoid product damage.
- 5. Any responsibilities of the manufacturer toward the buyer will be invalidated if the buyer does not follow Solarium International’s detailed instructions concerning solarium assembly, care and maintenance.
- 6. No monies will be paid for incidental, consequential or other damage. Should a buyer refuse to allow the dealer and/or manufacturer to examine the product that is claimed to be defective, the warranty will be deemed null and void.
- 7. Solarium International will not be liable for any damages attributable to the consumer’s installation, defective materials in the base or the use of inadequate insulation under the base.
- 8. The warranty will not cover damages caused to windows by plants, animals, perforations or tears. Nor will it cover damages to individuals or property resulting directly or indirectly from the existence or use of the solarium.
- 9. In order for the warranty to be valid, the buyer must inform the dealer where the solarium was purchased of any damage or defect within 10 days following the receipt of the product and show proof of the date of purchase. The dealer is authorized to repair manufacturing defects but is also responsible for determining, beyond a reasonable doubt, that said defect is indeed attributable to the manufacturer.
- 10. Solarium International reserves the right to repair or replace any defective part covered under this warranty. Solarium International will agree, at its discretion, to replace or repair, excluding installation and shipping to its manufacturing plant, panels that exhibit seal-related defects within the 5-year period following the date of sale, subject to the provisions of the claim procedure pertaining to the warranty in effect at that time.
- 11. If repair or replacement is necessary, Solarium international must, at its discretion, replace or repair the panel at a price charged to the user, which will be established on a prorated basis, in accordance with a percentage of the list prices in effect at the time of the repair or replacement, based on the category in question.
- 12. The faulty joint(s) covered in this warranty must be entirely attributable to a defect in the panel.
- 13. The faulty joint(s) must be caused solely by a defect in materials or a manufacturing flaw.
- 14. Any damages caused to the solarium by a shift in the patio as a result of freezing or thawing are not covered by this warranty. A perforation or a tear immediately below or above a joint is generally not a manufacturing or material defect; it is usually the result of faulty installation or vandalism. This type of specific perforation or tear is not covered by this warranty.
- 15. Any defects caused by burning, cutting or mechanical, chemical or other agents are excluded from this warranty. This warranty will be construed in accordance with the laws in force in the Province of Quebec. Solarium International accepts no liability whatsoever for indirect damages or contingent liabilities resulting from the improper functioning of any product or its accessories.
- 16. This warranty excludes all other implicit or statutory guarantees pursuant to which the panels are sold. Furthermore, it is understood and agreed that the liability of Solarium International will be limited to the responsibility to repair or replace the panel as stated above. The buyer hereby expressly relinquishes all other immediate or other damages and statutory warranties, implicit or otherwise.
- 17. This warranty applies solely to products sold and installed in Canada.
The 5-year limited warranty applies solely to products manufactured by Solarium International. Full warranty details can be found in the box labelled “Hardware.” Once the warranty is filled out, please return the reply form for registration purposes. Warranties do not apply to any demonstration products.
This warranty is applicable only if the product has been assembled by Solarium International. Subject to the exclusions outlined herein, Solarium International warrants the assembly work done by its installers for 365 days following the end of said assembly work. The warranty will apply only if the product and any assembly surcharges have been paid in full.